Did you know that over 500 people have joined The City? It has been a huge success! We’ve heard many stories of people being connected, prayed for, on mission, and more. Most of our Life Groups have jumped right in and started using The City as their primary means of communicating, sharing weekly prayer requests, needs, and organizing get togethers outside of their weekly group. Almost all of our parents are now registered for Grace Kids Checkin via The City. The Checkin process is now as simple as scanning a barcode and making a few clicks. It has been very exciting to see our church connect in ways it never has connected before!
Along the way many questions have also come up. Here is a list of Frequently Asked Questions that I hope you find helpful…
- We are expanding our Worship Guide so that it can include more information.
- Life Group leaders now receive announcements that they can share with their group. Being in a Life Group is one of the best ways to “stay in the loop” at Grace.
- Soon we will begin hosting monthly Connect Meetings where anyone can come learn about what is happening at Grace and ask questions in person.
- Connect Team members are available every Sunday to answer questions and help you get connected at Grace. They will be wearing the blue t-shirts with the Grace G on the front.
- We produce a quarterly magazine called Grace Life which includes a calendar of events, a list of Life Groups, and much more.
All these things considered, the most common concern that people are voicing when they ask this question is that they are worried that a City account would be too difficult to use and keep up with on a regular basis. If that’s you, here is some great news…
You do not need to be a computer wiz to use The City! The only thing you need to use The City is an email address and access to a computer. That’s it. We will all use The City differently. We completely understand that. Actually, that is one of the things we liked most about The City; it allows people to use their account to whatever extent they feel comfortable. For example, if you would like to use The City just so that you can receive emails from the groups you’re involved in (and nothing more) you can absolutely do that!
Some time next year we also hope to offer computer workshops to help people learn how to use technology, including The City. This will be a great way for the tech-savvy people at Grace to bless those who aren’t very familiar with technology. The City is designed to help our church be a community on mission. We understand that not everyone will use The City to the same extent, and we want to do everything we can to help you use it in a way that suits your needs.
No one will ever sell the information you share via The City. The City is owned by a company named ACS Technologies which specializes in creating software solutions for local churches. The City is overseen by Grace Church staff, and is designed only for our use.
Pastors and staff members do not have unlimited access to the content posted on The City. No one does. The only people who can see content posted within a group are the people who are a part of the group. Any prayer requests or needs that you share within your Life Group or other groups are only accessible to the members of that group, unless you specifically choose to share them with other friends and/or groups.
- Friends is simply a list of your friends.
- Pending is a list of people who you have requested to be friends, but have not heard back from yet.
- Ignored is a list of friend requests you have “ignored.”
To ask someone you previously ignored to be your friend, just go to the “ignored” tab and click the green plus sign under their picture.