This holiday season, you have the opportunity to bless people locally and globally. Here’s how:
Locally: Harvest Outreach Food Pantry
Pick-up a paper bag, fill it full of groceries and return it on November 19th.
Food donated will go to Harvest Outreach Food Pantry in Racine.
Most needed items:
- Meals in a can (stew, chili, soup)
- Tuna and canned meat
- Peanut butter
- Canned foods with pop-top lids
- Low-sugar cereals
- 100% fruit juices in single serving boxes
- Canned fruit packed in juice
- Canned vegetables (low salt)
Kid friendly items:
- Pop-top tuna
- 100% fruit rolls
- Graham crackers
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Cheese and crackers
- Fruit cups
- Granola bars (without peanuts)
Pick-up an Operation Christmas Child shoebox and return it on November 19 filled with items to demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way to children in need around the world.
What goes in the shoebox?
- Soccer ball with pump (deflate the soccer ball)
- Stuffed animal
- Toys (puppets, trucks, etc.)
- Doll (baby, Barbie, etc.)
- Musical instrument
- School supplies: crayons, pencils, notebooks, coloring books
- Hygiene items: toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, washcloth
- Accessories: T-shirts, socks, hairbows, jewelry
- Hard candy (no chocolate, it melts!)
- Include a personal note and a photo of your family!
If sending a battery operated item, include extra batteries.
Do Not Include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
For more ideas visit: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/