Current Job Opportunities
Worship Arts Director/Pastor
About Grace Church
Grace Church is a gospel-centered, baptistic, plural-elder led church located in Racine, WI. Our city of about 100,000 is situated on beautiful Lake Michigan, about an hour north of Chicago and 30 minutes south of Milwaukee. Our church is multi-generational and has a rich history in this community. Our Sunday gatherings, of about 700 people, are shaped by expositional preaching and musical worship that blends the best of both old and new.
The primary thing we are looking for is someone who will work very closely with the Lead Pastor to shape our Sunday services each week, and who can graciously lead, shepherd and equip a talented team of musicians and volunteers. Beyond that, this role can be shaped according to the specific gifts, abilities and aspirations of the individual: there’s opportunity for preaching and teaching, songwriting and recording, art and visual media, or technical directing.
The Worship Arts Director is a musically gifted and spiritually mature Christian who helps to establish a solid biblical and theological foundation for every part of the corporate worship experience. The Director will lead the congregation to express a Godward orientation in worship through Christ-exalting lyrics and a Gospel-centered focus. We strive to incorporate these guiding principles in our worship:
- Biblical: God’s Word is the foundation. (Psalm 119:103-105)
- Vertical: God alone is worthy of exaltation, we gather to worship and glorify the Father. (Hebrews 10:1-25)
- Horizontal: Edify each other by reminding ourselves and those around us of the Gospel and how it sustains us in everyday life. (Ephesians 5:15-21; Colossians 3:12-17)
- Historical: We stand in a long line of worshippers from the nation of Israel to present, honoring Christian generations past by incorporating their worship traditions.
- Accessible: While honoring our past in worship, we also reflect modern times and contexts.
- Regularly lead worship on Sunday mornings, oversee the flow and ‘feel’ of Sunday morning worship.
- Shepherd, mentor, and develop other musicians and worship leaders within the church.
- Active member of the Pastoral Leadership Team that oversees the day to day leading of the church.
- Lead the church’s worship tech ministry
- Lead the Worship Arts lay-ministry team. Recruit and manage volunteer teams and musicians.
- Develop an annual Worship Arts budget and work within that budget.
- Attend all staff meetings, staff retreats and planning meetings
- Perform weddings, funerals, and hospital visits as needed and as a way to stay connected to the church body.
- A lifestyle congruent with the Biblical requirement for elders. (I Timothy 3:1-13; II Timothy 2; Titus 1:9)
- A calling to pastoral ministry.
- Humble and teachable.
- Significant skill as a vocalist and instrumentalist.
- Experience in leading and managing volunteer teams
- Adaptable to changes in roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to shepherd and develop leaders
- Relational, personable, and a sense of humor
How to Apply
Apply by sending a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will look closely and seek God’s guidance regarding every applicant. At the same time, applicants that are able to include either (1) a video of you leading worship, or (2) a photo of you and an audio recording demonstrating your musical abilities will be given top consideration.